Applied Improv for Therapy and…
Join Daniel J Wiener PhD, MFT, RDT/BCT,
and Jami Osborne, LMHC, RDT/BCT, RfG-CT
for our next 6-week series:
- Other drama therapy approaches
- Other therapy modalities
- Other, non-therapy applications such as:
Corporate training and management consultation
6 consecutive Fridays, 9:30 – 11:00 am EST
Starting September 25, 2020
Why explore how RfG interfaces with other modalities?
Well, here are just a few reasons:
- RfG plays well with others. It is a versatile approach that allows for spontaneity, flexibility and positive change.
- RfG can be utilized in conjunction with other drama therapy modalities and is often the catalyst for helping clients get “unstuck” in their drama therapy “play.”
- RfG is a useful adjunct to traditional talk therapy, as it allows the client the opportunity to “try on” changes before implementing them in “real life.”
- RfG is based on Improv Games, often used as Ice Breakers, which makes it an ideal tool for life and executive coaching
- RfG can be an excellent vehicle for teaching new skills, from academic to social, in a play-filled and safe fashion.
Cost of the Training:
Regular Registration (All 6 Modules): $200
Students & Interns (All 6 Modules): $100
Regular Registration (One Module): $40
Students & Interns (One Module): $20
- Email us at: [email protected], indicating: a) whether you are a student; b) which dates you wish to attend; and c) your preferred contact email.
- Send payment via PayPal to: [email protected]
- The day prior to each scheduled session, we will send Zoom links to your preferred contact email.
The best way to participate is through your computer; however you may attend via a tablet or cellphone.
Payment, in case of cancellation, will be credited to future workshops.
- 1.5 CE hrs. per module for recredentialling as RDTs from NADTA;
- 1.5 hrs. CEs per module for recredentialling as Massachusetts LMHCs from MaMHCA;
- 1.5 hrs. per module of Direct Instruction in the RfG Certified Practitioner program (Link – https://www.rehearsalsforgrowth.com/workshops-playshops/mental-health-professionals/2020-certificate-program/ )
PresentersDaniel J. Wiener, Ph.D., RDT/BCT is licensed psychologist who taught Marriage and Family Therapy for 23 years as a Professor at Central CT State U. Founded in 1984 his approach, Rehearsals for Growth, uses improvisational theatre games to work with relationships. Dan has presented over 260 professional workshops in 10 countries, training over 1200 therapists and is an Author/Editor of 5 books (starting with Rehearsals for Growth: Improvisation for Psychotherapists in 1994), as well as 50 published chapters and articles. He is the recipient of Psychodrama’s Zerka T. Moreno Award (ASGPP), and both Drama Therapy’s Gertrude Schattner Award and a Research Award (NADTA).
Jami Osborne, LMHC, MaCCS, RDT-BCT, RfG-CT is an expressive and drama therapist, certified RfG trainer, with wide experience in mind/body energy approaches, including EMDR.