(updated December, 2016)
- RfG Certified Trainer Program
- DVD – Rehearsals for Growth: Couple Therapy
- The 2011 RfG Conference
- The 2013 RfG Conference
- Academic Teaching of Action Approaches in Therapy
- Recent Publications
- Clinician’s Corner
The Rehearsals for Growth Certified Trainer (RfG-CT) Program is intended for selected, already-trained RfG-CP Therapists wishing to lead RfG workshops for clinicians. Candidates who are in the RfG-CT Program and are co-leading RfG-CP workshops as part of their training are designated as “RfG Trainer Candidates.”
Congratulations to both Jami Osborne, MA, LMHC, RDT/BCT, RfG-CP and Maureen Sand, MSMFT, RfG-CP who completed the RfG-CT Program In June, 2014!
Based on a recently published case, this teaching tape, featuring Dr. Daniel Wiener as the therapist, demonstrates the course of RfG Couple Therapy over three sessions. In addition to a brief interview of Dr. Wiener by Professor Charlotte Ramseur, the case features several examples of RfG methods, interspersed with Dr. Wiener’s observations of the couple’s dynamics and the rationale for therapeutic choices. (DVD, 103 minutes)
From November 11–13, 2011, the first Rehearsals for Growth Conference, “Growth of the Action Therapist”, was held and attended by 17 participants in East Hartford, CT. The following play/workshops were offered:
- “25 Years of RfG”
- “Taking the Playfulness Challenge”
- w. Ramseur, C. “Accepting and Blocking Offers”
- “Assessing and Expanding Emotional Range”
- “Freeing the Imagination: Beyond Self-Censorship”
- w. Ciriani, D. D. “RfG Storymaking: Narrative in Action”
- “Status: The Importance of Importance”
- “RfG in Practice: Clinical Consultation”
On March 2 & 3, 2013, the second Rehearsals for Growth Conference, “Clinical Applications for Relationship Therapy“, was held and attended by 17 participants in the Greater Hartford Area, CT. The following play/workshops were offered:
- “Are you ready to Play?”
- “Accepting and Blocking Offers: Attending to all dimensions”
- “Fundamentals of Directing RfG Enactments”
- “Assessing, Timing and Selecting the Offering of RfG Techniques”
- “Directing RfG Enactments: Reading Client Feedback”
- “Status: The Importance of Importance”
- “Dealing with the Unexpected”
- “Directing RfG Enactments: Creating Displacement Scenes”
- “RfG in practice: Clinical Consultation”
- “Action Methods in Family Therapy,” a required course developed by Dr. Dan Wiener for the Central Connecticut State University MFT Program (New Britain, CT), continues to be offered there every Spring and Summer Semester.
- “RfG – A Drama Therapy of Relationships,” a workshop offered by Dr. Dan Wiener as part of Omega Transpersonal Theater’s Drama Therapy Alternate Track Program (Boston, MA)
Coming January, 2017: Wiener, D. J. Rehearsals for Growth Collected Papers, Volume II, 2005-2016.
Wiener, D. J. (2016). Removing personal constraints via proxy scene enactment. Drama Therapy Review, 2, (2), 183-193.
Wiener, D. J. (2015). Rehearsals for Growth: Enhancing Family Wellbeing through Dramatic Play. In B. Kirkcaldy (Ed.) Promoting Psychological Wellbeing in Children and Families. Houndmills, GB: Palmgrave Macmillan, 244-258.
Wiener, D. J. (2014). Staging dramatic enactments to resolve conflicts in couples. Drama Therapy Review, 1, (1), 7-20.
Wiener, D. J. & Ramseur, C. A. (2014). Utilizing improvisational action methods in conducting substance abuse groups. Journal of Group Psychotherapy, Psychodrama and Sociometry. 62, (2), 67-78.
Wiener, D.J. (2012). Assessing interpersonal functioning in couples relationships using Rehearsals for Growth. In D.R. Johnson, S. Pendzik, and S. Snow (Eds.) Assessment in Drama Therapy. Springfield, IL: Charles C. Thomas, 308-332.
Wiener, D.J. & MacColl, M. (2012). Co-creating reality: Acquiring mutual validation skills in couple therapy using theatre improvisation. International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 2, (23), 54-63.
This page features applications of RfG to clinical cases by RfG Certified Therapists other than Dr. Wiener.[to top of page]