Improv for Therapists
Clinical Training in Rehearsals for Growth
Fall 2021 Workshop Series – Virtual Online Zoom Meetings
|EARLY FALL MONDAYS||EARLY FALL SATURDAYS||LATE FALL MONDAYS|
|1.5 hour modules
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM Eastern Time
3 hour modules
1:00 – 4:00 PM Eastern Time
1.5 hour modules
September 13, 20, 27
October 4, 18, 25
October 2, 16, 30
November 15, 22, 29
December 6, 13, 20
- Training in RfG’s Improvisational Methods prepares therapists for their practical application.
- RfG training via Zoom demonstrates how these techniques are applied in our teletherapy sessions.
- Come engage in enacting these playful techniques, preparing you to employ them in either virtual or face-to-face therapy!
- In this module series, each highly experiential training will focus on one or two case examples centering on the use of particular, well-tested RfG Games/techniques, and will include students’ practice in directing RfG enactments and post-enactment processing appropriate to their Level of prior training.
- Trainees will both be able to practice these Games and learn how they may be adapted to their own cases.
1.5 CE hrs per module for recredentialling as RDTs from NADTA;
1.5 hrs per module of Direct Instruction in the RfG Certified Practitioner program (see Certificate Program)
Daniel J. Wiener, Ph.D., RDT/BCT is licensed psychologist who taught Marriage and Family Therapy for 23 years as a Professor at Central CT State U. Founded in 1984 his approach, Rehearsals for Growth, uses improvisational theatre games to work with relationships. Dan has presented over 260 professional workshops in 10 countries, training over 1200 therapists and is an Author/Editor of 5 books (starting with Rehearsals for Growth: Improvisation for Psychotherapists in 1994), as well as 50 published chapters and articles.